Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tango

I have been taking a large humility pill call Tango.

It is a dance that does not reward the bold. No, it is a subtle dance, which above all is about connection and being present. My realization that years are what is required to gain a descent understanding of the dance has made me attempt to reassess the "work vs. reward" equations in my head. In the end, because it is so subtle and requires such attention, it is a perfect practice like yoga or meditation. Yet your attention and energy must be directed at another person, who is sensitive to your every shift and move.

I know basically nothing, yet it is fun learning with all the rest of the crowd of foreigners (and locals) who've come to try.

There are milongas all over the city, day and night. I have never seen a dance community so active.

off to class..

No comments: