Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Shift

I woke up this afternoon, on my back, staring up at a cobalt sky speckled with clouds.

As I laid there I felt the shift, that one we yearn for when taking a 'vacation'. That is that feeling of being relaxed, of finally being present and letting what had stressed you out pass. It is from this place you can build energy for what is to come.

I suppose this is obvious to most, but over the past few years it seems more elusive for me. That final release.

I sat up. I was on the top of a 20 story building, on a small sundeck with a small pool there. I was with a friend, drinking mate and listening to music. The bleached concrete highrises of Buenos Aires stretched out in all 3 directions, the 4th being the grayish brown expanse of the Rio de Plata beyond the Polo Fields. A simple but perfect way to pass an afternoon. I had been taking photos of the skyline, and talking with my friend about personal spiritual evolution which seems to be on everyone's mind.

But it was that nap, and waking up totally present to the sky, that was the shift I had been waiting for.

No comments: